I find my serenity by the sea. The inspiration for this painting came from gazing out to sea whilst sat on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.
But I can’t sit on the beach all day – even if I wanted to 🌴 So how can we genuinely feel a sense of serenity on a regular basis?
Controlling responses is the best solution..
Your own response is the only thing completely under your control.
If you’d like to experience a more peaceful life, you could try these 7 habits of serenity:
1. Create a calming morning ritual. Get up early enough that you’re not rushed in the morning. Exercise a little. Meditate. Read the paper with your coffee. Take a walk.
2. Notice how you respond to stress. When you’re faced with a stressful situation, take note of your behavior. Do you comfort-eat? • Do you work to forget the stress? • Do you find some other way to distract yourself to avoid the situation?
3. Create healthier responses to stress. Replace any unhealthy responses with something more peaceful. Maybe a cup of green tea or a few minutes of yoga would work for you. Calling or texting a friend is always an option.
4. Don’t take it personally. The truth is that most of the time it’s not about you. Everyone has their own issues to deal with. The odds are excellent that you’re not the cause of someone else’s mood or behavior.
5. Feel gratitude. Everyone has things in their life that are worthy of gratitude. What are you grateful for?
If you think about these things, you’ll feel better. This is one of the best habits anyone can create. I find it helps me. Every. Single. Day
6. Only do one thing at a time. Attempting to multi-task is stressful. It’s also not productive to rapidly switch back and forth between multiple tasks.
7. Minimize audible sounds, visual clutter, and other extra items in your life that you really have no need for all clutter up your mind as well as your environment.
Developing these 7 habits can make your life more calm and serene. It can also have a ripple effect on those around you, making their lives better.
Take control and create habits that serve you and those around well… you can do it!! 💪✨
|Dimensions||Height 50.8 cm x Width 76.2 cm x Depth 3.81 cm.|