I was born in Iasi, Romania, in 1977, and I am a self-taught artist. I started making oil paintings at the age of 13, and I sold my first painting at the age of 15. I pursued my passion for art by studying painting, fresco, and so on, with Romanian masters in private lessons and workshops.
Although I prepared intensely for the Art Academy, eventually I decided to enroll in the Philosophy courses at the University in Iasi, because I felt at the time that this way
I could enrich my knowledge, broaden my perspective on culture, civilization and the history of ideas, and also help me get some answers regarding my personal destiny.
SOLO AND GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
– 2021 October, group show, Weihan Art Gallery, Chengdu
– 2021 August – 2022 July, Yellow Box Museum Open Exhibition, YAM, Qingdao
– 2021 August, Special Exhibition, The 8th Place Art Center, Shanghai
– 2021 July 3rd, The Third Fantasy Painting Exhibition, East Library Art Gallery, Songzhuang, Beijing
– 2021 June, 11th International Exhibition of Fine Arts “Tracing Art in the Heart”, Shanghai Art Collection Museum.
– 2020 December – 2021 March – The Second International Oil Painting Biennale, Dafen Art Museum, Shenzhen, China
– 2020 December – 2021 January, group show, Weihan Art Gallery, Chengdu
– 2020 August, 10th International Exhibition of Fine Arts “Many A Little Makes A Mickle”, Yangpu Riverside, Shanghai
– 2020 July, 10th International Exhibition of Fine Arts “Many A Little Makes A Mickle”, Wo Jia Cultural & Creative Space, Jiading District Shanghai
– 2020 July, Group exhibition, Weihan Gallery, Chengdu, China
– 2020 June-July, 10th International Exhibition of Fine Arts “Many A Little Makes A Mickle”, Shanghai Art Collection Museum.
– 2020 January, Group show, ARTZ Gallery Launch Exhibition, MUSEu&m, Shanghai, China.
– 2019, December, Art Canton Art Fair (recommended artist), Guangzhou Liuhua Exhibition & Trade Center, Guangzhou, China.
– 2019, December, Heaven Earth Aggregation group show, Anken Avenue, Shanghai, China.
– 2019, March-May, “Mise en Scene” solo show, The Romanian Cultural Institute, Galaxy SOHO, Beijing, China.
– 2018, November, Art Canton Art Fair, Guangzhou Liuhua Exhibition & Trade Center, Guangzhou, China.
– 2018, September-October, Meet@Foreign Artists in China, Watson Garden Museum, Taiyuan, group exhibition.
– 2014, July-September, group exhibition at Radisson Hotel Shanghai.
– 2014, January-February, “Mysteries of the Beginning”, solo show at Xuhui Art Museum, Shanghai.
Throughout my whole work I have been continuously preoccupied with capturing and dramatically expressing the conflicting nature of the human being, its fragility and vulnerability but also its strangeness, unpredictability and violence. That is why I want my art not to be comfortable, but something that Francis Bacon called “existentialist” – dealing with the extreme aspects of our lives, our strange and inexplicable behaviors, etc.