Renata Dyk is a contemporary interdisciplinary Fine Artist currently residing in Poland. Her ingenious ‘Mannekin’ works began after seeing a number of them being sent to landfill and she instinctively knew these would make perfect canvases. With previous experience of painting and selling big scale 3D forms at an art exhibition in Cairo this seemed the natural step forwards. The project draws attention to the environmental issues and looks for possibilities of reusing polyethylene products.
In 1996, Renata graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, Poland having studied at the Faculty of Conservation of Painting and Polychrome Sculpture.
After graduation, Renata worked as a conservator, interior designer and animator. She lived abroad for a number of years in Scotland and Egypt, and travelling to regions in the Far East. These travels became inspiration for her work today. After returning to Poland, she opened up an art studio, where she creates oil and acrylic paintings with predominantly nature motifs.
More recently, Renata has worked on painting recycled mannequins, subsequently creating the “Art Manikin” collection. Similar work done on fiberglass sculptures was already recognised at the “In Peace and with Compassion” exhibition in Cairo, Egypt in 2013. In March 2021, Renata and her work was featured on local Polish television. Renata has been recognised by the New York City Journal as one of 30 entrepreneurs to watch in 2022. Her paintings are placed in private collections worldwide.Renata is a verified member of the Visual Artists Association.
- 2022: M.A.D.S. Gallery, “Liquid Arsenal”, Milano, Italy, online Art Show
- 2022: Blue Blood Art Gallery, “Harmony of Art”, online Art Show
- 2022: Exhibition “The International Home & Deco Fair”, Warsaw, Poland
- 2022: Grey Cube Gallery, February, “Portrait Art Show”, International online Art Show Awarded Merit Award
- 2021: Grey Cube Gallery, November “Forest and Meadows”, online Art Show: Awarded Honorable Mention
- 2021: The VAA International Online Spring Exhibition, Deepbridge Chester Arts Fair, UK
- 2019: Exhibition in the Gallery Studio Rynek Sztuki, “Retrospective Exhibition” Opole, Poland
- 2013: Exhibition of Visual Art “In Peace and with Compassion”, Cairo, Egypt
- 2013: Individual Exhibition “Inspired by Nature”, Showroom CSA, Cairo, Egypt
- 2012: CARAVAN Festival Exhibition “The Road Ahead”, Cairo, Egypt
Respect for the world that surrounds me has always been an important part of my life and what I create. Nature is a great inspiration that gives an unlimited palette of colours, contrasts and light. It speaks to me with the energy it brings and acts as my life’s catalyst.
I use oil and acrylic techniques on canvas. Sometimes I mix the two to better convey a painting’s depth. I paint motifs taken from nature, using wide brush strokes, small colour spots and surfaces of contrasting smoothness.