Lachlan Smith is a artist born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Where he recently graduated from Gray’s School of Art with a painting degree and continues to develop his artistic practice that centres itself around Scotland’s Cairngorms.
His most recent body of work examines the compact between engagement with nature and artistic practice serving as a form of self – referential inquiry. That ultimately aims to support the mental health and well-being of the practitioner, through means of engaging with pragmatic therapeutic processes.
• RSA New Contemporaries 2021
• SSA New Graduate Award (Runner Up) 2021
• Paraiso | M.A.D.S. Gallery | Milan/Fuerteventura | https://www.madsgallery.art/
• Onwards | Virtual Degree Show | https://www.graysdegree.show/
• Cusp | Online Exhibition | https://www.grayspaintinggallery.co.uk/ 2019
• Two Halves | Silver Fin Building | Aberdeen 2018
• 24 | Gray’s School of Art | Aberdeen
• Gray’s School of Art | BA(Hons) Painting | 2017 – 2021
• North East College Scotland | HNC Art and Design | 2016 – 2017
Lachlan’s ambition for his artwork is to inhabit a proposed psychological middle ground, making artworks that are supportive, strong but not dominant. Psycho – emotional landscapes, that crucially reflect an interest in the arts for health and well – being and art making serving as a form of therapeutic practice.